First off, life coaches listen. You know you are working with a good life coach when you find yourself listening to yourself, understanding things about yourself on a different level, and you begin to make sense of what you already know.
Professionally trained and certified Life Coaches believe that people are the experts in their own lives ... everything life coaches do is based on that belief.
Life coaches help you get results.
- identify and make the most of your personal strengths
- shift your energy levels and develop positive attitudes and emotions
- turn life's changes and challenges into opportunities
- identify your inner blocks and get rid of them
- figure out what your dreams and goals really are
- design your own action plans to achieve your dreams and goals
Life Coaches support you, challenge you, and motivate you to achieve extraordinary things and make positive changes in your life.
Here's what a life coach can help you with:
- Stretch your limits. A coach will help you to challenge yourself, guiding you to set goals that step out beyond your comfort level ~ with your permission of course! Coaches don't push, they open space for you to move forward.
- Break through resistance. Sometimes you know what you want to do, what you are perfectly capable of doing .... but you consistently resist doing it. Your life coach helps you break through to that resistance to do what you really want to do with your life and be "who" you are.
- Get past your Energy Blocks. Once you've identified your Energy Blocks, with your life coach's help, you can reduce their power in your everyday life. Those energy blocks can include any limiting beliefs or assumptions you may have that prevent you from moving forward.
- Re-frame your world. There is power in adjusting how you look at the world, even the smallest of adjustments in language can make huge differences in your perceptions. For example, when you learn to change the words "I'll try" to "I will" or "I have to" to "I choose to" you've re-framed how you approach a goal or a project. Simply re-framing those little words breaks through all kinds of resistance and creates positive energy.
- Raise your awareness and notice your energy. Your life coach helps you to be consciously aware of your energy levels, your thoughts, your feelings, behaviors, perceptions, judgments...