I know it's a bit early, but trust me, this is the time to make a plan. A new year is a clean slate with so many new possibilities and adventures. There are about a million things (give or take) that I want to accomplish in 2016! So how do I take my ideas from my head and make them a reality?
I'll share some tips with you in case you have a million things (or even just one thing) you'd like to do in 2016. Now is a great time to start thinking through and doing a little planning!
- Create the vision - what is the ideal thing you'd like to accomplish in 2016? Be as specific as possible. Paint a picture in you mind of this will look when you attain it.
- Set the goals - these are the stepping stones to your vision (aka: dream). Set 3-month goals, 6-month goals, and weekly goals. The weekly goals are going to give you the little successes along the way.
- Stay focused - Write things down. Keep a schedule/timeline. Give your goals deadlines. Write them in your calendar.
- Keep it real - be mindful of the moment you're in right now. Living for this moment is essential because you don't want your life to pass you by as you make your way toward your goal.
There are four areas that I will not compromise in the busy-ness of life:
- Healthy Eating - food is what fuels us and keeps our bodies healthy.
- Exercise - It's way too easy to get too busy, but when I miss exercise time, I'm cranky, stiff, and I don't sleep as well. So for me, exercise time is non-negotiable. Running, yoga, weight lifting, nature walks, snow shoeing ... being active!
- Mindfulness - Life is busy and it's easy to always be doing. My training has taught me that taking time to just be refreshes my mind, helps me to have better focus and enjoy life. Be mindful of the moment you're in right now. Be mindful of the people you're with. Enjoy life.
- Fresh Air - I love that my day begins with a 1.5 mile walk with the dog. Some days, due to my schedule, this is my only outdoor time, so I've learned to be mindful in it. Even on blustery, New England winter days, I bundle up and fill my lungs with refreshing, cold, crisp air.
Are you ready to begin planning? Need help? I'm here for you!
Health & Wellness Coach