You know you should, but ......
The easy answer is ' because it's good for you', but did you know that you will benefit from regular exercise in these ways:
- Exercise helps control weight - Exercise can help prevent excess weight gain or help maintain weight loss. When you engage in physical activity, you burn calories. The more intense the activity, the more calories you burn. You don't need to set aside large chunks of time for exercise to reap weight-loss benefits.
- Exercise combats health conditions and diseases - such as heart disease, high blood pressure, stroke, metabolic syndrome, type 2 diabetes, depression, certain types of cancer, arthritis and falls.
- Feeling cranky? There's an exercise for that! Exercise improves mood. Need an emotional lift? Or need to blow off some steam after a stressful day? A workout at the gym or a brisk 30-minute walk can help. Physical activity stimulates various brain chemicals that may leave you feeling happier and more relaxed. You may also feel better about your appearance and yourself when you exercise regularly, which can boost your confidence and improve your self-esteem.
- A Natural Energy Booster - Winded by grocery shopping or household chores? Regular physical activity can improve your muscle strength and boost your endurance. Exercise and physical activity deliver oxygen and nutrients to your tissues and help your cardiovascular system work more efficiently. And when your heart and lungs work more efficiently, you have more energy to go about your daily chores.
Promotes higher quality Zzzzzzs -Struggling to fall asleep? Or to stay asleep? Regular physical activity can help you fall asleep faster and deepen your sleep. Just don't exercise too close to bedtime, or you may be too energized to fall asleep.
- Improved Sex Life. Yes! Regular physical activity can leave you feeling energized can lead to enhanced arousal for women. And men who exercise regularly are less likely to have problems with erectile dysfunction than are men who don't exercise. Sounds like a win-win!
The bottom line is your body was made to move! You'll feel so much better when activity is part of your every day life!
Need help getting started? I'm here for you! I'll design an activity plan specifically for YOU!
CHHC, AADP, CYT, CPT
Health & Wellness Coach